Every now and then, though, i get a gem. Yesterday's TopTenPersonal was interesting and gave me pause to think about some of the things going on in my life right now. So i'm posting it here in lieu of writing something myself today (with all credits intact, of course).
Top 10 Allies of Wisdom
(You can also read this TopTen here.)
- The still, small voice within.
Remember, the ego speaks first and loudest and does not wish us well. It is the still, small voice within that guides with wisdom.
The reward of patience is ... patience.
The ability to refrain from taking action can take lifetimes to develop. It is a rare quality.
- Understanding that the fastest way is often the opposite way.
This principle is related to the metaphysical law of rhythm. "All things are always changing to their opposites."
It's not what you say, or how you say it. Mostly what counts is WHEN you say it.
- Applying an appropriate amount of force.
Don't kill a fly with a hammer.
- The ability to stand alone.
Sine qua non.
Do you act the same when no one is looking?
- Realizing that those you wish to impress will do what you do, not what you say.
- Don't ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
And ... do it first!
About the Submitter:
This piece was originally submitted by Nancy R. Fenn, who can be reached at email@example.com, or visited on the web at bemyastrologer.com.
topten.org is a service of CoachVille.com, the leader in coach training.
Copyright 2000-2004 CoachVille, LLC. May be distributed if full attribution is given and copyright notice is included.